Search

iPhone 5c: Tech Tuesday

Hello blog friends how was your Monday? Mine was busy but enjoyable. Today I wanted to take a few minutes and write about my newest love, my iPhone. A week ago Sunday I upgraded out of the stone age and got my first ever smartphone. Now, I know what you are thinking, "I didn't think there was anyone left that still owned a flip phone." Well, there are. Me and 7 other people still had flip phones and got together to commiserate about it monthly. All joking aside, I was very excited to upgrade to a new phone.

I was planning on getting the iPhone 5. I had been previously led to believe that the 5c was not as good of a phone as the 5. It turned out that after further research I learned that the two phones are exactly the same, but the 5c was made with a colored, plastic backing instead of the traditional metal. Being the complete girl that I am, I wanted to get a phone my favorite color and behold, my blue iPhone 5c.





The first night I had it I quite possibly spent 10 hours on it and forgot to sleep. I am neither confirming nor denying that fact ;) Coming from such a basic phone, anything I got would have been an amazing upgrade but I feel confident that I got the best phone for me.

Obviously it is hard for me to review it because coming from a very, very old phone with no features, everything on the 5c seems amazing. One thing that I love is the camera. As an avid photographer and videographer, the ability to have a good quality, 8 megapixel camera with me at all times is fantastic. This eliminates the need to carry the 10 megapixel "every day" I used to have with me at all times. The camera is clear as can be, has great focus, and some of the most impressive depth of field I have seen on a lens of its class.

It wouldn't be an iPhone review without mentioning Siri. I absolutely love being able to tell my phone to do something and have it done. I am the kind of person that makes lists for everything and uses calendars religiously. Being able to tell Siri to schedule something and not having to do it myself is amazing. Also sometimes I use it as pure entertainment. If you haven't asked Siri, "knock, knock," yet, you are missing out.

One other thing that I love SO MUCH is how much you can personalize your phone. I never had the option of changing ringtones to anything custom and my old camera was so bad that taking pictures for my background was not a good idea. Now when someone calls me the chorus of "Still Into You" by Paramore plays, texts play the beginning notes of "Thinkin Bout You", and my lock screen is the lovely Ed Sheeran. I have left the background as the one that came with the phone because i really like the blue to green gradient dots.




I have had the most amazing time downloading way too many apps and spending way too much time on them. I started with the current classic, Candy Crush. I wasn't a huge fan in all honesty. Temple Run Two is a different story. I am obsessed with this game. Any time I have some downtime, I am most likely playing it. There are also a bunch of apps that are great for more productive things than gaming. There is an app for my bank account which I love. Run keeper is fantastic. I used to have to use my iPod and my Nike+ sensor in my shoe but the GPS works much better. I may be just a tad addicted to the ebay app but I am also just a tad bit addicted to Ebay.The EBay design on the phone is streamlined and efficient and to my surprise I believe I prefer it over using my laptop to shop. I have all of my social media in one place and I am finally getting to use Instagram!!! This is very exciting to me seeing as I have never been able to use it until now. Also Kik is fantastic for talking to friends without using up texts.

Overall I absolutely love my new phone. There are only 2 negatives that I can even think of and they are not the fault of Apple. One is that the screen is ridiculously hard to keep clean. Seriously, it isn't possible. Second, because of the plastic design, cases for the 5 and 5s do not fit the 5c and has made it harder to find a case that I love. Besides that this phone is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone.

Much love,
Kelsey <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment